A few people have asked for a typical list of things that I buy when I go to the grocery store. Keeping in mind, I don’t like cooking / preparing food, so almost everything I eat is “grab & go”. The great thing about ‘flexible dieting’ is that you can eat whatever YOU want and by no means are you stuck with anyone else’s shopping or meal plans. But here’s what I typically buy, in absolutely NO particular order..
(Note that I personally do the MacroFit approach now — I’ve tried to distinguish some of the food differences and substitutions for CarbX / Keto).
Note: You can use this handy chart to print out and put on your fridge if you need a quick-reference.
Desserts, Treats, & Snacks
- Halo top ice cream
- Skinny-cow ice cream treats
- Low-fat string cheese (use regular string cheese for CarbX)
- Turkey Pepperoni (use regular pepperoni for CarbX)
- Combat Crunch protein bars (use Quest Bars for CarbX)
- Chocolate rice cakes (not for CarbX)
- Beef Jerky (non-sugar variety).
- Quest breakfast bars
- Dill Pickles
- Club Soda
- Sugar-free Jello
- Sugar-free pudding
- Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
- Sugar-Free maple syrup
- Sugar-Free Hershey’s chocolate sauce
- Swiss-Miss Light Hot Chocolate Mix
- Pork Rinds (CarbX only)
- Granola Bars (Not for CarbX)
- Canned chicken breast
- Canned tuna fish
- Eggs and/or egg-whites
- Steak (Tenderloin for MacroFit. Ribeye for CarbX)
- Any and all seafood (fish, shrimp, crab, lobster)
- Deli Sliced turkey
- Deli Sliced chicken breast
- Deli Sliced roast beef
- Chobbani fat-free plain greek yogurt
- Salmon fillets
- Salmon patties (Salmon burgers!!!)
- Low-fat cottage cheese (use regular cottage cheese for CarbX)
- Ground turkey (for Turkey Burgers!!!). Use regular ground beef for CarbX.
- GNC Total Lean protein shakes (pre-made)
- Dymatize ISO 100 Gourmet-Chocolate protein powder
- Shirataki noodles
- Broccoli.. like. a LOT of broccoli.
- La Banderita low-carb tortillas
- Microwaveable instant brown-rice cups (Not for CarbX)
- 9-grain whole-wheat bread (Not for CarbX)
- Whole-grain spaghetti (Not for CarbX)
- Whole-wheat hamburger buns (Not for CarbX)
- Fresh strawberries (Not for CarbX)
- Fresh bananas (to put in protein shakes) (Not for CarbX)
- Oatmeal (Not for CarbX)
Condiments & Sweeteners
- Sriracha sauce
- Salsa (non-sugar variety)
- Franks Hot Sauce
- Franks Buffalo Sauce
- Low-fat mayo (use regular mayo for CarbX)
- Cheese. Lots of cheese. (Not for MacroFit).
- Kraft fat-free shredded cheese (Not for CarbX)
- EZ-Sweetz Splenda Sweetener Drops
- Stevia sweetener
- Spaghetti Sauce (non-sugar variety)
- PBFit Peanut-Butter Powder
- Unsweetened original almond milk
- Salad Dressing (high-fat for CarbX.. No-fat for MacroFit)
Don’t forget.. you can also eat at restaurants. (Learn how in this article). I also have a complete list of chain-restaurant food items that are Weightix friendly and a list of fast-food restaurant menu items that you can fit into your meal planning!